Monday, February 4, 2008

It Was Mentioned...

It was mentioned to me today that I hadn't updated in a week... But I have really been working! On Thursday, I accidentally volunteered myself for some programming courtesy of the guys in the lab. They wanted a Labview program that took pressure readings from a vacuum monitor every x seconds - the only problem being that the manual for the monitor appeared to be non-existent. I searched online but there was nothing except a horibly brief information sheet for it. No manual means no idea how to install a LabView driver. On the plus side, I got to learn LabView which I find quite delicate, and after a summer full of raw, unadulterated MS Visual C++, much easier on the brain.

I'm going to do some practise soldering before I connect up the laser drivers and laser tomorrow. Don't want it being messy!

No comments: